Friday, June 25, 2010

Welcome Home Eloise!

Ok, so here it is 6:00 a.m., I have been up for an hour feeding little miss and am WIDE AWAKE!  So, I apologize in advance if this post isn't the easiest to read or doesn't make sense!  :)  I said in my last post that I would have to do a couple posts to get everyone caught up on where we were in life, so here is Part Deux!

Eloise was born on Saturday, June 5th, and on Monday, we got to go home! Let me tell you, WE. WERE. READY! I was soooo done sitting in the hospital bed like a sicky, not being able to go and do anything, besides the fact that I hadn't felt the summer sun on my face since Friday afternoon.  Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE me some fresh air!  Just ask my husband, I am the air/heat nazi! :)  Anywho, Monday morning, a lovely nurse came wandering in our room with a checklist of things we needed to have done before we leave the hospital.  Luckily for us, I had already accomplished most of what was on our list :)  So, we got all cleaned up, got our stuff packed up, and prepared to wait for the hospital staff to get around to us.  Bless their hearts, they have just a few things going on at any given time around there, and Monday was BUSY!

Eloise had her first "professional photography" session, and let me tell you, they don't have the boring old hospital pics anymore!  The photographer had a little cart that she pushed around with a computer, printer, bassinet, etc. etc. She set up a little "nest" for Eloise to lay on/sit in for her pictures, and took probably 20 pictures of her!  Then we got to pick any of the poses and put together a picture package!  Pretty crazy huh? It was quite fun, and we learned that Eloise is quite the ham....once again, those of you who know me well, know this apple (so far) is not falling far from the tree :)

Once the photographer left, an audiologist came in to check her hearing (good to go) and her pediatrician came in to check her over (good to go). Once they left, WE were good to go, and headed out!  We got Eloise all packed up in her carseat, put her in the car, and made our long trek home to meet Eloise's big sister!  Let me tell you, Izzy was very happy to see us! Of course, she wasn't too sure about this little "thing" in the car seat, but she didn't pay much attention to her!

Once we got inside, we gave Eloise a little tour of her new home, fed her, and settled in for a relaxing day!  We are so happy to have her home!! :)  Even Izzy is starting to get used to her!

Ready to go home!!

AJ with his two neices!

Sleepin....

Welcome home Sweet Pea!

No comments:

Post a Comment