What a week! :) Sorry it has been so long since I posted last! After reminders from Grandma, mom, AND Coon this week, I got the hint I had not been updating often enough... :) So, since I last posted we have had A LOT going on! Eric's birthday came and went, and shortly after we had visitors for the weekend and a BUSY Sunday. Eric's birthday was on Thursday, and on Friday, my mom and Grandpa came to visit!!! Yay!! Grandpa was making his first trip to Chattanooga to see our house, my school, and all the sights of the city! They had perfect timing to see the "World's Longest Yard Sale" too! So we stopped for some sweet tea's at McAllister's and headed up Signal Mountain to check out the sights...HA! We took lots of pictures....
For those of you who are thinking, your mom and grandpa drove 12 hours and all you did was take them to this "yard sale"?! No worries, we tried to keep them entertained for their visit, this was just ONE memorable experience. Coon and Sarah came up later that afternoon and we went to one of Coon's favorite Chattanooga eateries... :) Yay for Tony's Pastaria! I had to carbo-load for my Sprint Triathlon that was Sunday morning. My swim was 1/4 mile, 8 mile bike ride, and 2 mile run. Nothing like the races Coon does, but I have to start somewhere right? Even though it was the most physically demanding thing I have EVER done in my life, it was great and I am signed up for my next one Sept. 20th! Here are some pictures from my race...
Trying to intimidate my competitors... HA!
I had to swim out to the white boat, around it, and back.
I'm the one in the pink cap (thanks Coon). My motto at this point: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming" -Dorey (Finding Nemo)
Out of the water, running to the bike!
Puttin' on my shoes!
Running to the finish line!!
I made it!! Izzy and Wrigley are ready to congratulate me!
Out of the water, running to the bike!So, once the race was over, we had just enough time to grab a bite to eat downtown, head back to our house and start getting ready for the next endeavor of the day....GRADUATION!!!
Look at me with a Master's Degree!!!
Our busy day ended with a trip to Bruster's for some ever-so-tasty ice cream and a delicious steak and corn dinner straight from Iowa! It was a great weekend, with awesome family and friends. Thank you photographers for documenting the day, and everyone for their support, ya'll are the best!!
Oh, yeah, and school has started back WITH kiddos and I think it has been the best start of the school year I have ever had! You will be hearing lots about my new little friends this year! :)
That's all for now, but I will try to be better at posting from now on!!
Our busy day ended with a trip to Bruster's for some ever-so-tasty ice cream and a delicious steak and corn dinner straight from Iowa! It was a great weekend, with awesome family and friends. Thank you photographers for documenting the day, and everyone for their support, ya'll are the best!!
Oh, yeah, and school has started back WITH kiddos and I think it has been the best start of the school year I have ever had! You will be hearing lots about my new little friends this year! :)
That's all for now, but I will try to be better at posting from now on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment