So, we are day 200 of rain...no seriously, I think its day 10, its terrible! Our lawn, a.k.a "weeds" are taller than our dog, and Izzy FINALLY just came out from under the bed (because of the thunder), good thing it is SATURDAY! :) Eric just got back from a short trip to Chicago, which he loved, and just informed me, "wouldn't mind living there", interesting! I hope he has that same response when he gets back from his next trip which is PARIS, FRANCE! Yes ladies and gentlemen, you heard me right! Lucky dog, eh? I'm still a little bitter and angry. Especially when he was asking me how to say "hello, what is your name?" in French... Unfortunately, I do not get to put my four years of French into action, instead he gets to go to the "City of Love" with a bunch of Rednecks from Roadtec! :)
Last weekend, we went to Knoxville for the 1st annual Volunteer Sprint Triathlon! Woo hoo! I survived another one! I even made a new friend, and finished before her! Of course I should mention, that this was her first tri, and she has only been training for three weeks, because she just got back into her exercises since she had her 2nd child in two years, a mere 10 weeks ago....
It was a 300 meter pool swim, 7 mile bike, and 3 mile run. I got to run right by Neyland Stadium, which was pretty awesome, but very hilly! It was a good race. I finished my swim in 8 minutes, my bike took around 30 min. and my run was about 33 minutes I think. Overall, I was pretty happy with it. Even though my times weren't great, I felt better about it than I did my first one. Hopefully they will get better as I do more. I have decided that the sprint tri's may be as good as it gets for me, but I'm okay with that. Its more than I was doing last year at this time! Maybe I'll be inspired to do more after we watch Coon do his Ironman Wisconsin next September...I doubt it, but maybe! :)
Other than my tri and Eric's traveling, things are pretty boring around here. Work is going good for Eric, obviously, he's going to Paris tomorrow...and school is going great for me. I have a great class that reminds me everyday why I am a teacher, so thats pretty awesome! I hope everyone has a great weekend and week ahead! Here are some pictures from my race!
With my furry cheerleader :)
No comments:
Post a Comment