WELL! Those of you who read my post, know it is over, but you couldn't have guessed that if you were at the Battlefield Half-Marathon this weekend! We (Eric, Coon, Izzy, and I) headed down to Chicamauga, GA this weekend for the Battlefield Half-Marathon pasta dinner and race Friday and Saturday and let me tell you....There were folks dressed up in "Civil War" time outfits, playing "interesting" tunes, and both the American flag and the Confederate flag were being used as centerpeices for the dinner tables. Not to mention the cannon firing at the beginning of the race and "Confederate Soldiers" dressed up on race day. Now, I would have REALLY been concerned if they would have fore-gone the National Anthem at the beginning of the race, luckily a man played it proudly on his trumpet!
Well anywho, lets just say that the "northern boys" that Izzy and I cheered on at the race gave those southerners a what-for! I was so proud of them both! They both beat their race goal times by at least three minutes and Coon even got an award! Eric finished in 1:55 when his goal was 2:00 and Coon finished in 1:26 when his goal was 1:30. Coon finished fourth overall and SECOND in his age group! Can I get a whoop whoop for the boys? Whoop whoop!! :)
After Coon got finished, we watched Eric bring it in strong, and then Eric escorted me quickly to Battle Academy in full Renessance attire for our Renessance Festival so I could work my 2nd grade booth for a couple of hours. Yes, it was quite the sight....luckily for me there are NO pictures of that part of the day! :) The rest of the day was spent relaxing, watching football, and napping! It was a great weekend but we missed the rest of our usual troop, Sarah and Wrigley, we wish you could have been here!"Why would you want to reinact a war that you lost?"
-Ryan Coon
No comments:
Post a Comment