Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Holy CRAP!

So, last week we went to the doctor's office for our weekly visit, she checks me out and tells me that my cervix is thinning out a little, but not much.  So I'm thinking this will be about all she will tell us for the next couple weeks, welp, I was WRONG!!  Yesterday afternoon, Eric and I are hanging out in the office, prepped for a usual visit: heartrate, check! tummy measurement, check! blood pressure, check! internal exam, check! Wait....what did you say? 80% effaced?  1 cm dialated?  Come again?? 

Oh yes, friends, we went from "eh, thinning out a little" to 80%!!!  Needless to say, we are now in "crazy mode" in our house!  At school, I did every assessment possible today and my goal is to get all of my report cards done tomorrow, so "just in case" little Eloise decides to make her entrance in the next couple days, I will have everything done for my kiddos! 

Check out my pick of my 37th week, there may not be many more!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Not to worry! I've googled and talked to my cohorts who either ARE pregnant or have been pregnant recently and they say not to get too excited - could stay this way for weeks! My boss says it will be june 6 (she's the expert, you know!) my boss wouldn't lie to me! (it's her sister's birthday!) Remember little Eloise, gma has a retirement seminar next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We grandma's have to stick together on this one. I vote for after the 3rd, then there won't be any school conflicts here either.
    You might get off early for good behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - just give me till 9:00 a.m. Friday and I'm good to go. Drip is watering plants, first close encounter with a hummingbird this year. They are attracted to the sheen. (Not Martin) or was it the mandeville vine? Anyway, schools over have my granddaughter !

    ReplyDelete