A day in the life of our household starts at 5 a.m. with me pumping and Eric getting ready for his day. Once I am done, I get ready, and he gets Izzy all set up. That gets us til about 6 a.m. at which time we quietly sneak Eloise out of bed and into her car seat so we can drive to school. Once we get there, I get a few things set up in my room while Eric changes Eloise's diaper and dresses her for the day. Then at 7, I feed her while Eric does a few other things in my classroom to help me get ready for the day. At about 7:30, he (or I, depending on the day) takes Eloise downstairs to daycare. Then he goes off to work, I get my kiddos for the day. At my 10:00 planning time, I go down to day care, steal Eloise away, and feed her again. I may get lucky and have about 10 minutes to get anything done that I need to get ready for the rest of the day. Once my kids have gone home, I have about 30 minutes to get my room back in order before I head down to pick up Eloise one last time from day care. I feed her again, and then we hang out until Eric gets off work or I get done in my room. Usually that gets us home around 6 p.m. (a mere 12 hours since we left the house that morning). We try to sqeeze in dinner before Eloise eats again at 7, and if we're lucky, she goes to sleep shortly after her feeding and will sleep until we wake her up at 10 for one more feeding and BEDTIME!!!
I know I am going to regret saying this but I can say (as of now) that she sleeps through the night. We put her down about 10:30 and she will sleep usually until at least 6 and maybe even until we get to school at 6:30/6:45. Now, I can't say that much about her furry sister who has decided that it is imperative to wake up around 1 a.m. to bark at the neighborhood.... :) Even with that little blip at night, we feel so lucky. We have a happy baby and a good dog who has welcomed the happy baby into her life, plus we have eachother! Not to mention fabulous family and friends who have taken such great care of us over the last (almost 3)months!!!
Other than sleeping through the night, Eloise has started smiling all.the.time! She loves to lay in her pack n' play and kick her animals on the mobile. Shes started grabbing at her Mortimer Moose that hangs on her car seat too! She has some pretty cool toys and rattles that she has taken a liking to as well. Oh yeah and I cant forget about the baths that she finally started liking a couple weeks ago!! Yay!! :)
2 months old!
Eloise and her doggie
Happy in my rubber ducky tub!
All clean!
Tummy time
No comments:
Post a Comment