Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

So, I know we are about a month late on the New Year celebrations, and I am about 7 months overdue for blogging. Whoops!!  Sorry about that!  I really will try to do better from now on, but for today, I will catch you all up on the happenings around here!  Here goes...

Eloise has been growing like crazy since my last post! She will be 20 months old on Feb. 5th, and is doing SO much!  She is not just walking anymore, she is running and even galloping sometimes.  She is talking more and more everyday!  She can say: Izzy, momma, dada, grandma, AJ, papa (grandpa), Elmo, water, up, dog, no, milk, banana, cookie monster "cookie", coat, shoes, frog, boots,etc...she is able to point at many things too that she can't get the words out for.  She loves to dance, facetime with my mom, dad, and AJ; snuggle and play with Izzy, read, get a bath, go on walks with my friends and their babies, and draw/color. 

Shortly after Christmas, I had my hairdresser trim up the back of her hair because it was getting so long and she may need to get the front trimmed soon.  Yesterday I had to pull her hair out of her boogies....not a good sign!  With the exception of a few fits here and there that she may throw, she is such a joy to us.  She is funny and so smart, she is loving and sweet.  She is inquisitive and spunky!!  We have enjoyed each stage that she has gone through as she has grown and are excited to learn more about her each day.

I don't mean to brag, because it is just the truth, BUT, Izzy very well could be, the BEST dog ever with babies!  She has never ending patience for Eloise, she lets her poke, prod, kiss, hug, squeeze, and lay on her ALL the time.  Not only does she not get mad, but she kisses her!  The old Izzy, would hide when it stormed, or hide when visitors would come to our house because she's a chicken.  The new Izzy (the one with a baby in the house) is a protector.  She sits by Eloise when its storming outside and lays in her room when Eloise is sleeping during the storm.  She stays right next to Eloise when we have visitors and doesn't leave her side until she knows the visitors are safe people.

I was never worried about Izzy and how she would be with Eloise because Izzy has always been kind natured and very loving, however, I could have never imagined how great she is.  Izzy has exceeded my expectations and I am so proud of her (and so grateful)!!

Eric and I have had lots going on too over the last 6 months! Since my last post, I have started a new school year and have taken on the task of being grade-level chair (team leader) and our school's Primary Literacy Support Teacher...addition to teaching all day, everyday! ;) I have always wanted to be grade level chair for my 2nd grade team, partially because I am a control freak and like to know everything (is anyone surprised?) but also because its good practice for me to be in a leadership role and is always an additional challenge to take on.  My role as the Literacy Support teacher involves supporting the K-2 teachers at my school with literacy challenges, helping them meet deadlines given by our district, and providing professional development focusing on literacy.  So, I have had to present PD's on guided reading, assessments, and questioning during and after read alouds to push student's thinking about the text.  That role has definately pushed me out of my comfort zone as far as presenting goes! Even though I am in front of 17 kiddo's everyday, I do not like to present in front of a room full of adults!!

Eric has been busy this year too!  He has recently gotten to hire an assistant to help him with some of his tasks at work which have been the jobs of 2-3 men before now.  His company has recently opened up a location in Germany which will require him to do more traveling overseas.  He has already been to Germany once since my last post for about a week to train the people over there on their product.  He is hoping this summer I will come with him to Germany for a week...we'll see about that!  Right after my last post, Eric turned the big 3-0!!!  We were able to have a little get together at my parent's house this summer to help him celebate this big birthday, so that was fun!   He just got back from his annual trip to Washington DC and will be off again in a couple of weeks for another trip.  The spring can be a very busy time for him and he tends to travel quite a bit.

As far as our little family goes, we are looking to sell our house that we have been in for almost 6 years now.  It is getting hard for us to make the 40 min. drive to and from work everyday, even though we love our house!  We have been spending too much time in the car and not enough time with each other at home over this last year and decided it was time for a change.  We are hoping to have realtor help us list our house in the next couple of weeks and are thinking about possibly building a house closer to downtown Chattanooga.  We will be buying or building a house a bit bigger than ours is now so we can fit visitors and any more kiddos that may join our family later on.

Sorry this is such a full and boring post!  If I can keep posting regularly, I can make them a little more exciting!! :)  Here are some pictures from the last 6 months for you to enjoy...

SOOOO Big!!! @ Baby Jake's birthday party

At the Children's Museum - Bettendorf (Oct 2011)

At the pumpkin patch!!

Picking out a pumpkin!

Halloween @ the Henderson's in Mommy's old clown costume


Trip to Cedar Falls - First taste of Gelato

Caught reading on Thanksgiving

Izzy, thankful the baby isn't around her right now... ;)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment