Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's football time in Tennessee!!

Hello everyone!!  It's September now (also, football season), and I know I haven't posted since January...I do the best I can, I promise!  Time just gets away from me!!  We continue to be busy busy busy here in Chattanooga, but I think the last 6 months or so may have been some of the busiest of late!  So many things have been going on here and I can't wait to catch you all up!  

First of all, Eloise has continued growing like a weed and it just such a joy in our lives.  She has quite the personality and spunk!!  She turned 2 on June 5th and had family and friends over for a little get together filled with bubbles and swimming. Her 2 year old self is starting to show with a few fits which include the back-arching, arms flailing...you get the picture! ;) Other than that, she is her giggling, laughing, loving, smiling self and we love her to pieces (even Izzy).  Here is a sneak peek of her in all of her glory...

At the beginning of June, she moved up to her next classroom at school into the "Older Toddlers" room and has just flourished!  She is counting, singing songs, talking like crazy, and continues to love coloring and DANCING!  The picture is of her after she got a new pair of shoes..she.loves.shoes.  Of course, so does her Uncle AJ and Aunt Kelli, so there is no surprise there! ;) 


I don't know if you all can tell from the picture, but we are in a different house now too!!  Shortly after my last post, we started talking with our realtor about selling our house in Ooltewah.  We had been talking about trying to move around summer time and had no real idea about how slow or how quick we could possibly sell our house.  We didn't have to do much to prepare for selling, just a new coat of paint in all the rooms except for Eloise's and a little rearranging of furniture.  We did put some of our belongings up in our attic so it wasn't to cluttered, but we were definitely counting our blessings for not having to do much.  Especially since we were selling at a bad time for the housing market and we bought in the peak of the market.  Needless to say, we did not ask for as much as we paid for the house, which was a bummer, but we knew we needed a change for our family.  


So, by March we were ready to put the little house in Ooltewah on the market.  Paula (our realtor) came out on a beautiful Monday afternoon and took some great pictures of our first home and had them loaded and the house listed the next day.  We anticipated some visitors, but were fairly certain we would be waiting for a while for offers...not so much... Paula called me around lunch time on Tuesday for our first showing and the couple came out in the early afternoon.  Tuesday night Paula called us to let us know the couple LOVED the house and was very interested.  They had a few questions and were going to take a second look the next day.  They came back Wednesday as well as another couple. By Wednesday evening (maybe Thursday) we had not one, but TWO offers on our house.  By Saturday we had sold our first home.  HOLY CRAP...WE HAVEN'T FOUND A NEW HOUSE YET!!!!  :)  

We had been looking around at different neighborhoods around Chattanooga for a couple months and had favorite, but were not getting serious about anything because we didn't want to get ahead of ourselves in case our house didn't sell.  Since that was not a problem, we went out on the Sunday after we sold our house to search high and low for a new house!  Luckily, the one I had my eye on for a while was still for sale and we LOVED it!  A week later, we were under contract to buy our next house.  Whew!!!  It was a pretty crazy two-week experience, but it was well worth it.  We closed on both houses May 18th, and moved into our new house the next day.


I can honestly say that I will always love our first home.  We brought Izzy and Weezy both home to that house, we have many great memories there and it was our first home.  BUT, we LOVE the house we are in now!  We have room to grow; it is close to work, school, shopping, and outdoor adventures; the yard is big, but not too big; we have room for visitors...the list goes on and on...

Of course, the move would not have been complete without a little drama and excitement.  First of all, AJ came down with his pickup truck to help us move some of the boxes while the movers moved the furniture and big stuff.  We are very thankful that he was here, he was a big help, and his company was much needed.  So while we in the midst of moving, AJ and I had gotten some sad news about our Grandpa Harry and in the moment of who-knows-what, I managed to bend down quickly and smack my mouth against our patio chairs.  Mind you, these are not our plastic chairs...they are our rod iron chairs...stacked up 4 high....they won the battle between me and them, and I had a tooth that was pushed backwards in my mouth. Not. good. Long story short, I ended up taking a break from moving and went to an emergency dentist and getting my tooth pulled back into place, having a retainer made, and couldn't eat solid food for a couple of days.  A couple of weeks later, I had to have a root canal because my root was damaged from the hit, they bleached my tooth (from the inside, pretty cool) and now I am as good as new.  It still feels a little funny, but looks normal!! 

Moving day was anything but event-less, thats for sure.  We were very fortunate to have friends help out, whether they were here helping move or watching Weeze for the day, they were a God-send.  AJ being here was priceless to all of us.  Not only did we get to hang with him for a couple of days, but he was a big help, and we were able to help each other through the difficulty of our grandpa passing away Saturday afternoon.  I hate that he wasn't able to be at home with my mom, but selfishly was glad to be together.  

The rest of the summer has been fairly un-eventful (thank goodness)!! I did decide to change grade-levels this year, so I started the school year as a first grade teacher for the first time since my first year of teaching! It took alot of moving, but I am able to be teaching with a very dear friend of mine, and am right across the hall from Eloise's day care!  It hasn't been the easiest move and I miss my second grade teammies very much, but I think it will good once I get used to it.

Eric hasn't been traveling too much this year, he was in Paris around my spring break last year and has been on a few trips here and there this summer.  In October he will be venturing over to Australia for a week which should be exciting!  

Oh, and I can't forget! Izzy has been loving the new house too.  We have a fairly large pond in front of our house that she recently discovered and enjoys swimming in it.  We also found her a new daycare that has great hours, is close to work, and most importantly, they love Izzy and Izzy loves it!

Until next time!!!  Go Cyclones :) 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment