Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hey there ya'll!

I know, I know....its been awhile since my last post, but I've been busy! Excuses, excuses...I'll try to do better from now on! So wanna hear whats happening with us these days? WELL! Since my last post I have been enjoying my last couple weeks of summer, which are now OVER :( Coon and Sarah came to visit for one of Ryan's many triathlons! This one was the big one in Chattanooga and he did great! Eric, Sarah, and I enjoyed cheering him on too, of course the starbucks in our cups helped pump us up a little too! ;) After Ryan and Sarah left, we had one more weekend before Bix so Eric and I headed outside to train a bit! We went for an open-water couples swim at the state park near our house and then I went for a bike ride while Eric ran! Impressed eh?

Well, after that weekend, I met with my advisor ONE LAST TIME to finish up my research project!!! My adviser even had me sign a release so I could be published!!!! I have submitted my paper, and now I just wait for it to be graded and plan for graduation. My adviser sent me an email today and told me that all I have to do is pick up my cap and gown for graduation!! Yay!!! 2 1/2 years later I have a master's degree and a 4.0 gpa! Who knew I was so smart? HA!

Anywho, we made another trek back home for the big Bix weekend last weekend and just got back on Sunday night. It was a great weekend! We got to hang with friends, family, and RUN! The race went fabulously! Eric ran his FIRST Bix and finished in 1 hour and 2 minutes! Pretty awesome for 7 miles, and I finished a mere 20 minutes after him. Heck, I was just glad I made it! No worries tho, I posed for a picture seconds after passing through the finish line! (See pictures below)

I headed back into school on Monday morning for my first day back and have been working hard to get my room set up and closets cleaned out and organized. My room looks great and I even got books and supplies out for the first day of school! Registration is a week from today and the kiddos come back two weeks from today, so everyone cross your fingers for a good class and some fun names!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment