Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ahhhh...Summer!

Found this joke online, and couldn't pass it up...

Over breakfast one morning, a woman said to her husband, "I bet you don't know what day this is." "Of course I do," he indignantly answered, going out the door on his way to the office. At 10 a.m., the doorbell rang, and when the woman opened the door, she was handed a box containing a dozen long-stemmed red roses. At 1 p.m., a foil-wrapped, two pound box of her favorite chocolates arrived. Later, a boutique delivered a designer dress. The woman couldn't wait for her husband to come home. "First the flowers, then the candy, and then the dress!" she exclaimed. "I've never spent a more wonderful Groundhog day in my whole life!"

Ahahahahahaha!!!!! Funny eh?

So, just a piece of info to everyone, my husband has started following in my mom's footsteps and has started researching and developing our family trees on Ancestry.com...and as I was sitting next to him last night with my mom on speaker phone, and him on this website talking about Josiah, Wilbur, Hattie, Benjamin Franklin, etc, etc....I couldn't help but laugh to myself. And while I got quite the kick out of it, I know my mom and Eric thoroughly enjoyed themselves with the "research"!

On the other hand, while Eric is busy researching our roots, I am planning a trip to the pool! I have been productive for the last three days, and it's time to relax again. Before any of you even think it...I DESERVE my summer and its NOT long enough, no matter what anyone thinks! :) Once I get back from my short trip to Nashville and my nice long week in heaven (a.k.a Iowa - that ones for you Sarah)...I will begin to get back into the swing of things and start to be productive again. I'll be officially back at school in ONE month!

Not to worry though because we still have lots of fun stuff to look forward to for the next couple months. We are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary on July 9th, Coon and Sarah are coming down the weekend of July 10th, I graduate and do my first triathlon (bike pending) on August 9th, AND we head down to the REDNECK RIVIERA for Labor Day for our annual Coon-Baker Vacay!!!

But for now, Izzy and I will veg out, I'll head to the pool, read a book, finish up a research paper and just relax....It's one of those perks of being a teacher! Hope ya'll have a fabulous Thursday and for those of you at work, try not to work TOO hard, its SUMMER :)

No comments:

Post a Comment