Thursday, June 18, 2009

Well Hello There!

Hello All! I am starting this blog so friends and family can keep tabs on us since we live so far away from everyone. Hopefully this summer will give me the time to get our blog started so we can keep it up throughout the years! So, since this is our first post, I will catch everyone up on our happenings! :)


So first off, I (Courtney) just finished my fourth year of teaching and my first year at my new school. It is the best place to teach and I have made some great, lifelong friends there. I am teaching 2nd grade at Battle Academy which is located in downtown Chattanooga, right across the street from the Chattanooga Choo Choo (insert song tune here). Eric just passed the five year mark at Roadtec which brought us to Chattanooga in the first place. He is still the Marketing Manager there and really loves his job. It has been a great place for him to work for and has allowed him to visit many great places and given both of us some great experiences.

Eric has visited most of the states in the U.S. and has gone to Canada, Mexico, China, and even Russia since he started working there. I am still holding out for the Paris and Australia trips though and think I have found luggage big enough for me to fit in! :) We have been able to go to a couple Tennessee Vols games and we have even ventured down to Alabama for a Crimson Tide game! Lots of fun for those of us who are big college football fans. Don't worry, our hearts are still with our Cyclones!

We have just celebrated our third year with our dog, Izzy, who we adopted for my birthday three years ago. She is our "baby" who we wouldn't trade for anything! You will see many pictures of her on this blog.

Eric and I have both taken up running over the last year, and while he is definately better at it and much more dedicated, I am trucking along! He just ran his first half-marathon with our friend Ryan aka "Coon" and has run some 5k's and the 5 mile Turkey Trot in Davenport last year. I have run some 5ks and the Turkey Trot as well, but no half-marathon for me (no matter what Coon says! :) We are both training for the Bix right now and then I am training for my first triathon in Chattanooga on August 9th.

The same day as my first tri will be the day I graduate from grad school! Whoop whoop! It only took me 2 1/2 years and LOTS of money, but it is just about over! I had my last class last night and I have a research paper that I need to finish up! Then I may just be a normal person for once and might be able to relax every so often and just "hang" with the hubs and the pooch! I can't wait and I am sure Eric and Izzy are excited too! :)

Oh, one more thing, just have to do some shout outs to some fabulous people in our lives: Our friends Coon and Sarah who live in Nashville, if it weren't for ya'll and our "Coon-Baker Travel Adventures" I may not have survived living so far from my family and I know Eric is very appreciative for ya'll and your friendship! We definitely look forward to future visits and a lifelong friendship for us, and Wrig's and Iz! :)

Also, my family who has shown so much support for us even though we live so far. Welcoming us into your home whenever we want, hugs when we need them, and taking the time to visit us whenever you can. Words cannot express how much we love you and appreciate everything you have done for all three of us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Alrighty then, most posts won't be so sappy and I will try to update as often as I can! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment